Tuesday, October 18, 2011

New book on Herman Dooyeweerd


This past year, University of Notre Dame Press published Jonathan Chaplin's new book, Herman Dooyeweerd, Christian Philosopher of State and Civil Society. I'm eager to see this book, and find time to read it. In the meantime, I've contented myself with a review of it by Keith Sewell in the latest edition of Pro Rege.

I was also interested to see that the University of Washington, Portland State University, University of Oregon, and Whitman College libraries all have a copy of the book. I'm not sure who's deciding that such staunchly reformational books should be added to their collections, but I'm not complaining.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger stevebishop said...

welcome back to the blog world!

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger Paul Otto said...

I just received the book from the library and haven't had a chance to read it. I was disappointed, however, to discover that Chaplin did not cite my article on In the Twilight of Western Thought in his bibliography.

http://philosophia-reformata.org/content/archive

 

Post a Comment

<< Home